The RFID in Healthcare Consortium Announces Intelligent Hospital Award Recipients
Industry Awards Recognize Leaders in Advanced Healthcare Technology Solutions
- Improving Regulatory Compliance was awarded to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Conrad Emmerich, associate vice president for resource management and enterprise visibility; Beverly Essick, D.O.M. and director of clinical compliance and regulatory services; and Mary Jagim, associate director, Office of Enterprise Visibility, will receive the award.
- The award for Improving the Patient Experience: Care and Safety was awarded to Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Receiving the award are Bobbie Carroll, senior director of patient safety and clinical informatics, and Sarah Giga, MS, manager, clinical systems integration.
- For his team, Dr. Joseph P. Drozda, Jr., director of outcomes research, Mercy, based in Chesterfield, Missouri,will receive the award for the Most Innovative Use Case.
- Most Innovative Use of Business Intelligence was awarded to Christiana Care Health System, Newark, Delaware. Receiving the award are Leslie Mulshenock, director, Christians Care’s Heart and Vascular Interventional Services; and Matthew P. Esham, the manager for the Heart and Vascular Information Technology Department.
- Carleen Penoza, director of infomatics, will receive the Most Innovative Use for Physical Security award for Beaumont Health System of Royal Oak, Michigan.
- Conrad Emmerich will receive the Best Comprehensive Integration award for Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. Read the full press release here.
Judges for 2014 Intelligent Hospital Awards Announced
NEW YORK, November 20, 2013 — Intelligent Hospital, a subisdiary of the RFID in Healthcare Consortium, announces the judges for its second annual Intelligent Hospital Awards. The awards recognize the companies and individuals that have made significant contributions to patient care and healthcare facility management.
The distinguished judges are: Gisele Bennet, Georgia Institute of Technology professor; Alfonso Gutierrez, University of Wisconsin distinguished researcher; Donna Hudson, University of California-San Francisco professor; Daniel W. Engels, Southern Methodist University associate professor; and John W. Walz, consultant and retired Lucent Technologies manager. Read the full press release here.
Clinical Computer Systems, Inc. To Participate In The New LDRP Room In The Intelligent Hospital Pavilion At The HIMSS14 Conference
Elgin, IL, September 30, 2013 – Clinical Compujter Systems, Inc. (CCSI) is excited to be a sponsor and to showcase the OBIX perinatal Data System in the LDRP (Labor, Delivery, Recovery, and Post-Partum) room of the Intelligent Hospital. This is the first year the LDRP will be featured in the pavilion at the HIMSS14 conference and is one of four new rooms simulating the latest technologies in an expanded healthcare environment . Read more …
Special Member Discount!
Fifth Annual Medical Device Connectivity Conference & Exhibition, November 21-22, 2013, Hyatt Dulles, Herndon, VA. This groundbreaking event is focused on workflow automation through the integration of medical device and information systems. Relevant enabling technologies are also a focus and include: wireless communications, networking, real time location systems, alarm notification, privacy and security, risk management and related topics. The acute care (hospital) market is the principal focus of this event, although extensions into ambulatory markets from acute care is a growing trend that will be covered. The conference features three educational tracks: wireless communications, interoperability/systems and governance/ regulatory. The program also offers two optional post-conference workshops; workshop one focuses on regulated healthcare IT and workshop two focuses on privacy and security. RFID in Healthcare Consortium and the Intelligent Health Association are supporting organizations of the conference and members will receive a $100 discount on the registration fee. For more information, please visit: http://tcbi.org/mdc2013/